I like the 2 videos below (not embeddable, sorry) showing the boxer's great sense of humour:
Muhammad Ali talks about his Irish origins (Interview on RTE Irish TV 1960s)
Interview clips of Muhammad Ali (1971, 1974, 1975 and 1981)
If you happen to cross the town of Ennis on that 1st of September, and depending if you're a fan or not, you should know what places to reach, or to avoid with the program of his visit:
- All Day - Muhammad Ali Exhibition, at Glor Irish Music Centre
- 1.00-3.30pm - Public event at Abbey Street Car Park
- 3.00pm - Civic Reception at Waterpark House, Drumbiggle (Muhammad Ali will embark on drive through Ennis town following this event). Please note that the Civic Reception is a closed event.
- 3.00-4.30pm - Street entertainment at O'Connell Square, Abbey St. and O'Connell St.
- 3.15-4.30pm - Live entertainment, Temple Gate Plaza
- 3.15-4.30pm - Live entertainment, Turnpike
- 3.00pm (free admission), 8.00pm (ticketed only) - Showing of 'When We Were Kings' at Glor Irish Music Centre. Proceeds in aid of The Parkinson's Association Of Ireland
Emerald Island = Ireland
Banner County = Clare
Information Age Town = Ennis (but that's Irish Geek humour!)