It is intended to add only a few gimmicks and no real improvement, but in fact, the changelog is much bigger than expected...
The official 20151012 update changelog for Ulefone Be Touch 2 is as follow:
1. Improve battery life by optimizing battery consumption and indication.
2. Lift max volume in earpiece.
3. Add U-launcher which can be applied under “Home” settings.
4. Add U-browser.
5. Delete Ulefone website and facebook page from app drawer.
Small Update...Big Disaster!
1. Wi-Fi turns off with screen regardless of the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" option.
2. Continuous ring on incoming calls, requires battery removal,
3. Difficulty to answer incoming calls
4. Mixed reports on finger scanner improvement
5. Apps launch automatically after their installation
6. Antivirus scan may reveal a banker trojan in U-browser.
What was really expected and did not change:
1. Still no real Android 5.1, in reality it is 5.0.0_r2! (build ID is LRX21M)
2. Proximity sensor still stops working randomly
3. Proximity sensor calibration problem (temporary workaround here)
4. No significant improvement to the battery life.
5. Slow-motion video playback still not working.
6. Hall sensor still not operational.
7. Stagefright vulnerability
After taking the "smart" out of smartphone, this update, to some extend, the device doesn't even qualify as a phone either (as it does not behave normally on voice calls)
Obviously this update was rushed (although it took almost 5 months to get there!!) to reassure the increasingly angry "Be Touch 2" customers who rightly feel they've been forgotten already with the Paris being all the rage for Ulefone!