Well... this has changed thanks to some talented hackers...
This is a work in progress that started early this year and gives promising results already!
The #fang-hacks project reminds me of the joys of hacking the H502W some time ago, and effectively jail-breaks the XiaoFang camera by adding various services (rtsp, telned, ftp, ...).
The ability to disable the Cloud service is a good news for those concerned that it would put their privacy at risk.
The IR Control script might require attention as it could be related to a known Overheating issue.
Once the hack is installed on the camera (everything you need to know is there: https://github.com/samtap/fang-hacks , proceed at your own risks!), the scripts can be controller via a web interface.
- Proceed to the release page to download the latest SD-Card Image archive
- Unzip the SD-Card Image file
- Use a tool such as Win32 Disk Imager to perform a raw copy of the fanghacks_vx.x.x.img to a micro-SD card.
- Power up the XiaoFang
- Insert the micro-SD card. If you hear "ting-ting" shortly after, you can proceed to:
- Finally, click on "Apply" button to apply the hacks.
Again, proceed at your own risks!